Mathura: The Uttar Pradesh Police on Tuesday said that the post-mortem report of 19 people, out of 29 killed during the Jawahar Bagh violence here, shows none of them died of bullet injury.
Of the 19 whose post-mortem reports are available, 12 died of burn injuries and seven due to injuries received in lathi blows and stone-pelting.
In a joint press conference, Mathura Senior Superintendent of Police Babloo Kumar and District Magistrate Nikhil Shukla denied reports of bullets found in the body of those killed.
Twenty-nine people - including then SP (City) Mukul Dwivedi and Station House Officer (Farah) Santosh Yadav - were killed during clashes between police and encroachers at Jawahar Bagh in Mathura last week.
The two officers said DNA test would be conducted to ascertain the identities of the bodies that have not been identified.
Strict action would be taken against those police officers who are found guilty of abandoning the SP and the SHO during the eviction of Jawahar Bagh.
They said the Facebook account of the Ram Vriksh Yadav and his associates would be closed down with the help of cyber cell. The records found there would be used to connect the dots.
Earlier in the day, Uttar Pradesh Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav ordered a judicial probe into the Jawahar Bagh violence in the town.
Also, the Supreme Court today refused to entertain a plea for a Central Bureau of Investigation probe into the Mathura violence.
(With Agency inputs)