Missing AN-32: Thorough probe will be conducted, says IAF chief
'Events like these are painful reminders of the inherent risks which our brave personnel face in the execution of our daily missions.'
New Delhi: The Indian Air Force Chief Arup Raha, Monday, said that a thorough enquiry will be conducted into the missing AN-32 aircraft – that has in all probability crashed into the Bay of Bengal.
“It is a very difficult moment for all of us and we share the concerns of the distraught family members. IAF authorities are in constant touch with the family members of the missing personnel and they are being regularly updated about the efforts being made to trace the missing aircraft and personnel,” said Raha.
“Events like these are painful reminders of the inherent risks which our brave personnel face in the execution of our daily missions. A thorough enquiry will be conducted to ascertain exactly what led to this unfortunate event,” he added.
Stressing on the airworthiness of the AN-32, Raha said, “AN-32 was inducted into the IAF between 1984-1991...because of its exceptional performance, AN-32 had been landing at Daulat Beg Oldie, which is the highest landing ground in the world. Needless to say that capable aircrew are chosen to fly these aircraft.”
“The IAF remains committed to provide the best possible equipment and training to our personnel so that they can execute their assigned missions professionally,” said.