Muslim women will not tolerate interference in Sharia: AIMPLB members
Hyderabad: Women members of All Indian Muslim Personal Law Board (AIMPLB) on Wednesday said that Muslim women are safe and secure in Islamic sharia and will not tolerate any interference in it.
Stating that no force on earth can change Muslim Personal Law, they said any attempt to impose Uniform Civil Code (UCC) will create conflict in the society.
Asma Zehra, one of the members of the apex body of Indian Muslims, said Sharia is oxygen for Muslim men and women and under no circumstances they will agree to any changes in it.
She along with four other women members of AIMPLB were addressing a massive all-party public meeting here on Wednesday night for protection of Sharia.
Hundreds of women attended the public meeting organised by AIMPLB at Darussalam, the headquarters of All India Majlis-e-Ittehadul Muslimeen (AIMIM).
She said the boycott of Law Commission`s questionnaire by AIMPLB and the huge response to signature campaign against UCC were be a clear message to the government that there can`t be any compromise on Muslim Personal Law.
She said the almighty `Allah` made a law for the betterment and welfare of men and women.
"This law is by the creator and thus it is in tune with the human nature. It`s well balanced and has given status of respect and dignity to women. They are protected, safe, secure and satisfied," she said while condemning attempts by what she called handful of people and a section of media to malign Sharia by using few self-styled Muslim women.
She said divorce is not a problem but a solution to the problem. "If a man and wife can`t adjust, they can`t be forced to live together for whole life. Talaq (divorce) provides a way out," Asma said.
She alleged that in the name of showing sympathy to women, attempts are being made to snatch the right to divorce.
Another woman member of AIMPLB, Sabiha Siddiqi said the government was wasting its time and machinery in creating conflict in the society.
She said Muslim women would be in the forefront in the efforts to protect Sharia.
The speakers said the best response to the attempts to interfere in Muslim Personal Law is that Muslims strictly follow Sharia.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Narendra Modi's speech at Heart of Asia conference
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- India-Afghanistan thrash Pakistan over terrorism issue in Heart of Asia conference
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Watch: Tracing the journey of late Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa from films to politics
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition continues to remain critical after suffering cardiac arrest
- I-T department rejects declaration of Rs 2,00,000 crore made under IDS by Mumbai family