Ufa (Russia): Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif met here on the sidelines of the Shanghai Cooperation Organisation (SCO) summit and condemned terrorism in all its forms.
Also, Sharif invited Modi to visit Pakistan for the SAARC summit in 2016. PM Modi has accepted the invite.
Here are the five steps India and Pakistan decided to take:
- National Security Adviser Ajit Doval and his Pakistani counterpart Sartaj Aziz will meet in New Delhi to discuss all issues connected to terrorism.
- Early meetings of DG BSF and DG Pakistan Rangers followed by that of Director Generals of Military Operations (DGMOs).
- A mechanism for facilitating religious tourism will also be worked out.
- The two countries also agreed to free fishermen in each other's custody, along with their boats, within a period of 15 days.
- Both sides agreed to discuss ways and means to expedite the Mumbai case trial, including additional information like providing voice samples.
Prime Minister Narendra Modi and his Pakistani counterpart Nawaz Sharif concluded their bilateral talks in Ufa on Friday. The talks, which began at around 9.20 am local time, continued for an hour.