Prime Minister Narendra Modi addressed the South Asian Association for Regional Cooperation (SAARC) gathering for the first time. Known for his powerful oratory, Modi put his flair to good use at the summit.
Here are ten best quotes of Modi from his first SAARC address -
- Today, as we remember the horror of the terror attack in Mumbai in 2008, we feel the endless pain of lost lives. Let us work together to fulfil the pledge we have taken to combat terrorism and trans-national crimes.
- The future I dream for India is the future I wish for our entire region.
- A prosperous SAARC needs the strong foundation of a secure South Asia.
- There is a new awakening in South Asia, a new recognition of inter-linked destinies and a new belief in shared opportunities.
- When we join our hands and walk in step, the path becomes easier, the journey quicker and the destination closer.
- We should use strength of shared heritage and our diversity to encourage tourism within our region and present South Asia to the world.
- I believe that if we can light up each other's towns and villages, we can build a brighter tomorrow for our region.
- There is much to learn from each other, even more - to do together.
- How much have we done in SAARC to turn our natural wealth into shared prosperity or our borders into bridgeheads to a shared future.
- Have travelled the world from the middle of the Pacific to the Atlantic I see a rising tide of integration.