New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday declassified 100 files of great freedom fighter Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose on his 119 birth anniversary at the National Archives in New Delhi.
The files released before the public today is widely believed to reveal the truth behind the disappearance of Netaji.
We bring to you few questions that remained unanswered even after seven decades of Bose's death.
- Will the files released by Centre today solve the 70-year old death mystery of Subhas Chandra Bose, who according to government's report, had succumbed to his injuries after an airplane crash in Taihoku on August 18, 1945.
- The files were released seven decades after death mystery surrounding Netaji Subhas Chandra Bose. Why were the files not released earlier or if the previous UPA government were trying to conceal any fact around Netaji's death?
- If Subhas Chandra Bose did not die in 1945 plane crash, where did he mysteriously disappear? Did Netaji fake his own death in order to escape the British pursuers?
- If Netaji survived the 1945 plane crash, did he ever return to India post Independence?
- If Bose died in a plane crash, then why was Jawahar Lal Nehru government snooping on Bose's family for decades even after his death?
- What was the real identity of the seer (Gumnami Baba), who reportedly had identical features to that of Netaji. Why was he snooped by the West Bengal government for almost a decade?
- According to reports, eight months after Netaji was supposedly believed to be dead by many, Mahatma Gandhi publicly quoted that he believed Bose was alive. Was Gandhi's statement made on any secret information that he had received over Bose's death?