close
This ad will auto close in 10 seconds

No reports of Indians affected in France ''terror'' attack: MEA

At least 80 people were killed on Thursday night when a large truck ploughed through a crowd celebrating Bastille Day in Nice.


No reports of Indians affected in France ''terror'' attack: MEA

New Delhi: The External Affairs Ministry on Friday said there were no reports of any Indian being affected in the "terror" attack in Nice city of France, which left at least 80 people dead. The Indian embassy in Paris opened a helpline number: +33-1-40507070.

"Our ambassador in Paris is in touch with the Indian community in Nice. So far no report of any Indians affected. Our embassy in Paris has opened helpline +33-1-40507070," tweeted Vikas Swarup, Official Spokesperson, Ministry of External Affairs.

At least 80 people were killed on Thursday night when a large truck ploughed through a crowd celebrating Bastille Day in Nice. French President Francois Hollande said the truck attack was of a "terrorist character".

"We condemn the attack. We are monitoring the situation. There are no reports of Indian affected so far," Swarup told a news channel.

Prime Minister Narendra Modi also condemned the "terror" attack in Nice, saying India stood with France in this hour of sadness.

Modi hoped for early recovery of the injured people. Over 150 people were injured in the mayhem.

From Zee News

0 Comment - Join the Discussions

trending

photo gallery

video