Karachi: Pakistan`s Information Minister Pervaiz Rashid has said that the responsibility for the cancellation of NSA-level talks rests with India.
According to the Express Tribune, Rashid`s statement came in response to India`s External Affairs Ministry for the meeting between the two countries` security advisers.
He said Pakistan had been steadfast about its stance from day one and accused India of changing its position `by the hour`.
He said that it was important to discuss and resolve issues which are the root causes of terrorism in the region.Pakistan called off the NSA-level talks with India late on Saturday night.
A statement issued by Pakistan Foreign Office said the proposed talks will not serve any purpose if conducted on the basis of what it called "preconditions" laid down by India.