Pakistan cracks down on JeM over Pathankot attack, Maulana Masood Azhar detained - 10 things to know
In a major development in Pathankot terror attack, the suspected mastermind JeM chief Maulana Masood Azhar has been detained in Pakistan, according to reports in Pakistani media.
Islamabad: In a major development in Pathankot terror attack, the suspected mastermind JeM chief Maulana Masood Azhar has been detained in Pakistan, according to reports in Pakistani media.
Here are the top 10 developments -
1) - The Jaish-e-Mohammad (JeM) chief Maulana Masood Azhar was detained from some unknown location in Pakistan
2) - Maulana Masood Azhar's brother has also been taken into preventive custody to interrogate in connection with Pathankot terror attack
3)- Pakistan has also detained several individuals belonging to JeM,
4) - Authorities have sealed various JeM offices across Pakistan
5) - JeM is suspected to have engineered the Pathankot terror attack
6) - The action by Paksitan has come after India linked Islamabad's "prompt and decisive" action to the fate of Foreign Secretary-level talks scheduled on Friday.
7)- Pakistan is also considering sending a special investigation team to Pathankot as more information would be required to carry forward the process of cooperation with India
8)- The Pakistani action was reviewed at a high-level meeting chaired by Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif,
9)- Masood Azhar and two other Pakistani terrorists were freed by India in December 1999 in exchange for the passengers of an Indian Airlines flight hijacked to Kandahar in Afghanistan.
10)- The hijacking, from the Kathmandu airport, reportedly was masterminded by Masood Azhar's brother Ibrahim Athar.