New Delhi: Soon after an anti-terrorism court (ATC) in Pakistan issued non-bailable arrest warrants against Taliban chief Mullah Fazlullah, Pak High Commissioner to India Abdul Basit on Saturday said that they are also planning to challenge the bail order of 26/11 accused Zaki-ur-Rehman Lakhvi.
"Pak Govt plans to challenge Lakhvi's bail order," Basit said in a media interaction, ANI reported.
Responding to a question, Basit said that Pakistan government moved swiftly and put Lakhvi under house arrest.
Earlier today, Sartaj Aziz, the Pakistani prime minister`s advisor on National Security and Foreign Affairs, had also said Lakhvi, the alleged mastermind of the 26/11 Mumbai terror attack, 'has not been released'.
Lakhvi, was yesterday detained by Pakistani authorities for three more months under Maintenance of Public Order (MPO) after he was granted bail by a court that caused an outrage in India.
He was granted bail by Islamabad Anti-Terrorism Court on December 18 citing lack of evidence against him, days after Taliban massacred 148 people, mostly schoolchildren, in Peshawar.
Further reacting over the recent Peshawar school massacre, Basit said, "Hope we'll see more cooperation in region to deal with this menace (terrorism)."
"Pakistan is moving decisively against terrorism, hope good results will be achieved," he added.
In Islamabad, Sartaj Aziz, who had earlier termed the massacre by the Taliban in Peshawar "Pakistan`s 9/11" said that the Afghan leadership has also assured the Pakistan Army of full cooperation in countering terrorism.