New Delhi: In response to the Indian Army's surgical strikes on terror camps across the border, Pakistan's loudmouth Defence Minister Khawaja Asif said that his defence forces will respond if such operations are repeated in future.
He said that the Pakistani forces are well equipped to take on the Indian soldiers if they dare to carry out such operations on its territory again.
Asif said that two Pakistani soldiers were killed and nine others were injured in the Indian operation.
Earlier in the day, the Pakistan's ISPR had claimed that there was no surgical strikes by India on its territory.
It added that "Pakistan has made it clear that if there is a surgical strike on Pakistani soil, same will be strongly responded".
On Wednesday, Defence Minister Asif had threatened to use “tactical weapons” (nuclear weapons) against India.
He also said that Islamabad would continue to support Kashmir’s “freedom movement” both “morally and diplomatically”.
Asif said Islamabad will not hesitate to use “tactical weapons” against India if its safety is at stake. In an interview to Pakistani TV channel SAMAA he said, “Tactical weapons, our programmes that we have developed, they have been developed for our protection. We haven't kept the devices just as showpieces. If our safety is threatened, we will annihilate them (India).”
Asif’s comments come a day after India handed over evidence to Pakistani High Commissioner Abdul Basit that the militants who attacked the Indian Army base camp in Uri on September 18 were from PoK.
The strike in Uri left 18 Indian soldiers dead.