Fategarh: After the Pakistan-based terror outfit Lashkar-e-Toiba claimed responsibility for yesterday`s attack on a Central Reserve Police Force (CRPF) convoy in Pampore town of Jammu and Kashmir, Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Sunday said the Centre will be sending a two-member committee to find out the loopholes which led to the untoward incident.
Expressing grief over the loss of lives, Singh said, "I pay my deepest condolence to the families of the deceased. I am also sending a committee comprising of two people to see the loopholes so that we can mend those for a safer future, so that our security personnel do not have to get martyred like this."
"All our security forces are fighting very bravely and efficiently and in this small span of time the numbers of terrorists they have gunned down is highly commendable," he added.Saturday`s attack was the fourth one on the security forces in Jammu and Kashmir this month.
At least 17 security personnel were killed and several others injured in the last three major strikes along the Jammu-Srinagar Highway during the period.
Officials say infiltration has dramatically gone up compared to the previous year with more than 50 terrorists crossing the border in the last five months. Last year, there was zero infiltration in the first four months.