Pathankot attack: 5 reasons why Gurdaspur SP Salwinder Singh needs 'deep' grilling
Questions are being raised over the versions and role of Gurdaspur SP Salwinder Singh in the Pathankot terror attack . The National Investigation Agency (NIA) is likely to grill and if needed make him undergo lie-detector test in New Delhi.
Here are five questions which need to be answered about his role:
- Why the militants, who didn't spare even the taxi driver, let SP Salwinder Singh go alive?
- Why was Salwinder Singh moving without his body guards despite being aware about an input regarding terror threat in the area?
- How can a trained and experienced officer like him did not carry his service his revolver with him while travelling in night?
- Day and timing of his visit of the Panj Pir shrine? Shrine caretaker has reportedly told the investigators that the SP has visited the shrine for the first time.
- Differences in the statements of SP Salwinder Singh, his friend Rajesh Verma and cook Madan Gopal. Also Read: Gurdaspur SP's abduction story false? Was he honeytrapped by Pakistan's ISI?
The police superintendent, who was transferred from Gurdaspur district last week only, had claimed that he, along with Verma and the cook, were stopped and abducted by 4-5 heavily-armed terrorists near Kolia village, 25 km from Pathankot, on the night of December 31.