Delhi: Shoot-at-sight orders against intruders at all airbases in the western sector has been ordered after Panthkot attack, as per media reports on Wednesday.
'Shoot at sight' order has been issued for unauthorised trespassers at western Command airbases, ANI quoted MoD sources as saying.
It also quoted Defence Ministry sources as saying that all western command airbases were on high alert.
Reports also said that security had been strengthened and regular exercises with Army and Central Para-Military Forces (CPMF) quick reaction team was being conducted.
Also, the government is likely to soon clear everything required for security system to secure periphery.
"Security strengthened, regular exercises with Army and Central Para Military Forces (CPMF) quick reaction team being conducted," MoD sources said.
MoD sources added that IAF will provide protection to 54-55 large airbases which house strategic assets.
Meanwhile, Pakistan is seeking more evidence from India to move forward, a source privy to the developments said on February 01, days after Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif promised to make the probe's findings public soon.
"No headway has been made in the investigation of (the) Pathankot attack so far. The ball is back in India's court again as we need more evidence to move forward in the probe," the source had told PTI.
The six-member Pakistan government's team investigating the Pathankot airbase attack has written to the foreign ministry to seek more 'leads' from India.
India had given "specific and actionable information" to Pakistan soon after the January 2 attack.
Seven security personnel were killed and several others were injured when six militants, suspected to owe allegiance to Pakistan-based Jaish-e-Mohammad, stormed the Pathankot air base.
(With Agency inputs)