Pathankot terror attack: Have enough evidence against JeM, ready to go to Pakistan on short notice, says NIA

NIA said on Tuesday that they have sufficient evidence on Pathankot terror attack and that the team was ready to go to Pakistan on a short notice.

Last Updated: Apr 19, 2016, 19:17 PM IST
Pathankot terror attack: Have enough evidence against JeM, ready to go to Pakistan on short notice, says NIA

Delhi: National National Investigation Agency (​NIA) said on Tuesday that they have sufficient evidence on Pathankot terror attack and that the team was ready to go to Pakistan on a short notice.

As per CNN-NEWS18,  NIA DG Sharad Kumar has said that his team is ready to go to Pakistan even on a short notice.

"We welcome Pakistan PM's Adviser on Foreign Affairs statement to CNN News18. Our teams are ready to go to Pakistan even on short notice. We have already given sufficient evidence against JeM in the Pathankot case. A non-bailable warrant has been issued by the court and we are writing to the CBI for Red Corner notice," he was quoted as saying by the website.

Yesterday, Pakistan Prime Minister's Adviser on Foreign Affairs Sartaj Aziz had indicated that his country may consider a request by India for a visit by its NIA team to further probe the Pathankot attack, days after top Pakistani envoy ruled out the same.

 Aziz had said that Pakistan High Commissioner to India Abdul Basit's comments that the bilateral peace process was "suspended" did not mean "cancelled or given up" and hoped that the Indo-Pak dialogue will resume soon.

On whether India's NIA team will be allowed to visit Pakistan in connection with Pathankot attack probe, Aziz had said that "once the stage is reached... India makes a request and then we will see".

Claiming that Basit's comments that cooperation not meaning reciprocity were "over-interpreted", he had said that he did not exclude option of NIA's visit to Pakistan.

"I don't think he used that word. He said that right now cooperation is more important than that of reciprocity and does not exclude option and he said that let's cooperate and then thing will work out. So, I don't think one should over interpret statement, he (Basit) just said that cooperation is more important which is true," Aziz had said, as per PTI.

Earlier this month, Basit had indicated that an Indian probe team is unlikely to be allowed to visit Pakistan, which had sent its JIT to probe the terror attack at the air base, saying, "...The whole investigation is not about question of reciprocity in my view. It is more about extending cooperation or our two countries cooperating with each other to get to the bottom of the incident", as per PTI.

Aziz also downplayed Basit's remarks on "suspension" of Indo-Pak peace process, saying "... Suspending doesn't mean cancelled or given up".

"For the time being you called it suspended as obviously after January, four months have passed, and to that "extent dialogue is suspended but I hope it will resume soon," he had added.

(With Agency inputs)