Pathankot terror attack: NIA raids residences of Gurdaspur SP, close aides in Punjab
New Delhi/Chandigarh: The National Investigation Agency (NIA) officials on Thursday raided at least six places in Punjab's Gurdaspur and Amritsar towns as part of the ongoing probe into the January 2 terror attack at the Indian Air Force base in Pathankot.
The places where the raids were carried out belong to suspected Punjab Police officer Salwinder Singh and his two companions who were allegedly kidnapped by terrorists hours before they mounted the attack at the airbase.
"Two days after the lie detector test of Salwinder Singh, we carried out raids at six locations, four in Gurdaspur and two in Amritsar," an NIA official, requesting anonymity, was quoted as saying by IANS.
"The locations include the residential places of Singh, his friend Rajesh Verma and his cook Madangopal," he added.
Singh's lie detector test was conducted by the NIA on Tuesday.
Singh, at present, is posted as Assistant Commandant of 75th Punjab Armed Police after being shunted out as the superintendent of police (headquarters) at Gurdaspur.
Six Pakistani terrorists - believed to be from the outlawed Jaish-e-Mohammed terror outfit - sneaked into Punjab from across the border and took the Punjab Police officer hostage before taking away his vehicle.
They attacked Singh's friend and cook, but left the police officer himself unharmed and untouched, raising suspicions about his role in the whole episode.
The six terrorists later attacked the Indian Air Force base in Pathankot, killing seven security personnel.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Watch - IIT-Kharagpur develops superpower drone 'BHIM' that could aid soldiers in war zones
- Is Pakistan terrified of Yogi Adityanath as Uttar Pradesh CM?
- Anti-Romeo squad launched: Has moral policing started in UP?
- Should Ram Mandir issue be resolved through mutual understanding?
- Jharkhand: Congress leader, 3 others killed in shootout in Dhanbad
- Bhagat Singh, Sukhdev, Rajguru were hanged on 23 March 1931 – This is how PM Modi paid tribute today
- Kapil Sharma fight on flight row: Did Sunil Grover, Ali Asgar and Chandan Prabhakar skip shoot?
- Mohammad Kaif welcomes Yogi Adityanath's appointment as new Uttar Pradesh chief minister
- Yogi Adityanath took THESE 20 big actions in just 75 hours after becoming UP CM
- Unable to meet educational expenses, Muslim girl writes to PM Narendra Modi – Know what happened next