Pathankot terror attack: Union Home Secretary briefs media, says 7 officers martyred, operations underway

Seven security personnel, including officers from IAF and NSG, were so far killed during the operation, he added. 

New Delhi: Briefing the media in the wake of the deadly terror attack at an IAF base in Pathankot in Punjab, Union Home Secretary Rajiv Mehrishi on Sunday said that early intelligence inputs have helped to contain the situation and the ongoing combing operations will continue till the area is “fully secured”.

The home secretary has further said that so far four terrorists were neutralized and there there could be two or more terrorists still present in the area. The operation will end only when the entire area is “fully sanitized.

Describing the terror attack, Mehrishi said that the terrorists dressed in army fatigue waylaid the car of Gurdaspur SP and after which they dumped the occupants of the car at different places.

A terror alert was immediately sounded when the driver of the car was found dead with a slit throat a few hours later. The terrorists were later tracked down with the help of various surveillance methods.

He said that there could be two or more terrorists still hiding in the area and the efforts are on to track them down.

Seven security personnel, including officers from IAF and NSG, were so far killed during the operation, he added.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. You can find out more by clicking this link

Close