PM Modi's 'Mann ki Baat' on exams: As it happened
Prime Minister Narendra Modi once again shares motivational thoughts on his popular radio programme 'Mann ki Baat'.
New Delhi: Prime Minister Narendra Modi once again shared motivational thoughts on his popular radio programme 'Mann ki Baat' on Sunday. In his pep talk, PM shared his views with the students on the issue of examination and the stress that goes with it and how to deal with it.
Here are the LIVE updates: -
- The brighter your future is, the brighter India will be, PM Modi tells students before signing off.
- My wishes are with you as you (students) will shape the future of the country, says PM.
- Success should be for your personal happiness and not to compete with anyone: PM Modi
- I want to say to those who are going to appear in examination to treat it like a festival, PM advises, saying, Every child of this nation must be happy. Give the exam happily, with a smile on your face. I am sure you will do well.
- Parents should not immediately ask their children as to how their exams went, PM Modi says.
- Life has its ups and downs, nobody drowns because of that: PM.
- Reading out suggestions from across the country, Modi asks students not to be disheartened with bad results: PM.
- You should have enough confidence that you will do well in the examination, says Modi.
- Believe in the knowledge that you posses, says PM Modi, adding, Your efforts will not go in vain. Have faith on what you have studied.
- If you have expertise in few particular subjects and have worked hard to prepare for that, then it will not go in vain: PM
- Be warriors not 'worriers', PM tells students.
- Don't take examination as an challenge, take it as an opportunity to know yourself, Modi advices.
- PM Modi gives example of a cricket batsman to explain things to students. "A good batsman is thinking about the ball he is facing not about the match, or series. He is thinking about the present," he says.
- You should become your own guide. One who becomes his own guide touches new heights, says PM.
- You should set a standard for yourself and test yourself against them, why compare yourself with others, PM suggests in his programme.
- There are some students that work on new targets each day, with a new vision and new energy, says PM Modi.
- Girls excel in academics these days even though they help their mothers at home during examinations: PM on 'Mann Ki Baat'
- I understand that doing well in examinations is important but sometimes we think too much about the future or are lost in the past. Can't do that during exam time. We need to be in the present, says PM Modi.
- If you want to compete, you should compete with your own self and not with others. Let today be better than yesterday, PM Modi tells students.
- Comparison with others sometimes bogs students down, PM says
- The pressure from relatives and friends puts a lot of strain on the students to perform. Parents are always worried about what their relatives will think: PM Modi
- PM Modi suggests students not to take examinations as a burden and stress themselves while preparing for the exams.
- The Prime Minister tells students that he was an average students, and jokes that his hand-writing was poor which helped him get away with the exams as teachers couldn't understand the answers scribed on his answer sheet.
- PM Narendra Modi shares 'Mann ki Baat' with the students preparing for the exams.