Srinagar: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Monday arrived here to address his maiden election rally in Kashmir amid unprecedented security cover.
Here are the Live Updates:-
- PM concludes his speech.
- Vote in full strength for BJP for development and progress, urges PM.
- Corruption has finished this state: PM in Srinagar.
- 'I'll deploy the whole government at your service: PM.
- My entire government will serve you. Enough is enough.
- I will make your dreams mine, says PM .
- The affection of the people is a major asset: PM.
- People did not trust their Govt. they trusted us: PM
- When I met people they told me Modi ji do not give money to the state government: PM
- I rushed here when I heard of what is happening: Modi
- I am sorry to say that when the floods came the Govt here was sleeping: PM
- I was shocked to hear that Kashmiri girls go to far flung areas for education, we need to change this: PM
- I have come to share pain of Kashmiris: PM
- Army jawans, policemen & youth of innocent families have lost their lives which is irreparable: PM
- There is no question of any discrimination: Narendra Modi
- There is only one path that will help us and that path is the path of development: PM
- I get very happy when chai wala earns: PM
- If it is done an auto walla, a chana wala and a chai walla will also earns: PM
- There are places here where if infrastructure is build so many tourists can come: PM
- When I was a nobody, I was here visiting Dal lake saw Gujarat tourists here when hardly any tourists came: Modi
- Tourism is a sector which offers employment and a daily wage to every sector of the society: Tourism is fast growing in the world and our Dal Lake needs to flourish with tourists: PM
- We will take Kashmir to new heights of development, says PM
- What does India have better than Kashmir to show to the world? Asks PM
- There are so many opportunities for tourism. This is a sector that is growing at a very quick pace: PM
- Humanity, Kashmiriyat and democracy are three pillars: Modi.
- I have to take forward AB Vajpayee's dream forward: PM
- AB Vajpayee ji made a good start, says PM
- I have not here looking for any gains: PM
- I have come here to share your grievances, says PM
- I came in 2014 and I will come in 2015 also: Modi
- I am a "pradhan sevak" who keeps coming here: PM
- Elections have just come but there is no month where I did not coming to you: PM
- I come to J&K every now and then since taking charge as PM, says Modi
- People from every corner of India came here. Youth of J&K always found work here: PM
- People were always drawn here, says PM
- I was told no body has addressed a rally here in the last 30 years: PM
- PM addresses mega rally in Srinagar
- The PM arrives at the Sher-e-Kashmir grounds wearing a traditional phiran.
- PM visits war memorial at Army headquarters, pays tribute to soldiers killed in Friday's terror attacks
- PM arrives in Srinagar
- PM Modi concludes his speech
- Elect a strong, stable government, not a hung Assembly in J&K: PM Modi.
- Give my party an absolute majority to fulfil your dreams: PM
- If you want all round progress then vote for BJP: PM
- "People of J&K showed that finger on EVM is stronger than finger on AK-47," says PM
- People of J&K have rejected the bullet by showing the strength of the ballot: PM
- J&K has showed the way for democracy, many turned up for voting despite attacks: PM.
- PM Modi congratulates J&K over voter turnout, says it has sent a strong message
- It is nation's responsibility to resettle all those displaced from Jammu and Kashmir: PM
- PM rakes up the issue of rehabilitating the Kashmiri Pandits
- There can't be discrimination on the basis of caste, society... All must get equal opportunity: PM
- We should also remove those in power earlier but couldn't work: Narendra Modi
- Should we not remove the governments who have not done work?
- MP used to be a BIMARU state, but today the same MP under Shivraj Singh Chouhan made efforts to get water to farms, says PM
- Wherever there are BJP govt, the first thing that did was to rid people from problems people faced: PM
- Both NC and PDP are dynastic parties. We need to make J&K free from this: PM
- Congress then maligns them; if they were bad why did you go to them, PM asks Congress
- It's time to reject the dynasty politics of J&K: PM
- Nothing has changed in all these years: PM
- J&K has seen the rule of father and son, father and daughter and of the Congress, says PM
- The way Army protects India, you confront challenges at the border in the same way: PM Modi
- I went to Kutch again and again to serve the earthquake affected people. We built houses, roads and hospitals. But never talked about Pakistan. The result is that today, I say it with pride, that Kucth which was flattened by the quake, is the fastest progressing district of the country: Modi.
- After the 2001 earthquake, I became the CM of Gujarat and I visited the Kutch area, which is close to Pakistan and has large Muslim population. I asked them what you expect of me. They said at least, you don't tread that path (Pakistan bashing). If you want to serve Kutch, it will not happen by discussing Pakistan but by talking about the problems of the people. I made it my mantra: Modi.
- I assure you that I will return the love that you have showered on me with interest, by development here, says PM
- What does J&K need? Youth need jobs, farms need water, children need good education, elderly need medical care: Modi
- I am seeing the rallies in Jharkhand and J&K. The 'Jan Sailab' is unimaginable: PM
- A lot of women are also joining public meetings in Jharkhand and J&K: PM
- I salute all of you who have come here braving the chilling weather, says PM
- PM Modi addresses rally in Samba
- PM Narendra Modi arrives at the venue in Samba in J&K
Srinagar, where Modi is scheduled to hold his first rally since taking charge as the Prime Minister, was turned into a fortress to avoid any untoward incident.
Several helicopters were deployed for air surveillance over the cricket stadium ahead of Modi's first election rally. A large number of security forces - including police and paramilitary CRPF - were deployed across the Srinagar city while all roads leading to the venue of the rally have been sealed.
Concertina wires were laid at several intersections in city's Dalgate, Sonawar, Gupkar Road and TRC Crossing to block the movement of vehicles and people towards the stadium. A posse of policemen and CRPF personnel was deployed at each intersection to ensure that the security drill is followed in letter and spirit, a senior police officer said.
In other parts of the city, motor vehicle checking points had been established by security forces for checking the vehicles moving around. The intelligence agencies and police were directed to keep an eye on the suspected persons, the officer said.
Barricades were also set up at the entry points to the city to ensure that militants are not able to sneak in to carry out any act of sabotage, he added. Security personnel had taken positions at vantage points on the buildings around the venue of the Prime Minister's rally as part of area domination exercise.
The Prime Minister was earlier scheduled to address two election rallies in Srinagar and Anantnag towns of the Valley as part of the campaign for party candidates. Polls in these areas will be held on December 14.
Hardline Hurriyat Conference chairman Syed Ali Shah Geelani called for a shutdown on December 8 to protest against the visit of the PM. Besides the two rallies, PM Modi will address 4 more poll gatherings later. On December 12 he will address the rallies at Rajouri and Kathua.
On December 16, PM Modi will also address two more rallies the one at MA Stadium in Jammu and another in between Billawar and Basholi constituencies. J&K recorded a voter turnout of 71 percent in the second of the five-phase Assembly elections held on Tuesday.
In J&K the polling percentage saw an increase from the 68.79 percent recorded in the 2008 Assembly polls.
(With Agency inputs)