PM Modi's Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana: 7 key features
On the birth anniversary of socialist stalwart Jay Prakash Narayan, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday launched the ambitious 'Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana'.
New Delhi: On the birth anniversary of socialist stalwart Jay Prakash Narayan, Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Saturday launched the ambitious 'Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana'.
The rural development scheme aims at improving the standard of living and quality of life of all sections of people by improving basic amenities.
The scheme announced by PM Modi on August 15 during his Independence Day address from the ramparts of the Red Fort was drafted by the Ministry of Rural Development.
Here are some of the key features of the 'Saansad Adarsh Gram Yojana' -
- A Member of Parliament must identify a village, other than his or her own village or that of the spouse, and turn it into a 'model village' by 2016 and two more villages two 2019. After 2019, the MP must develop five model villages till 2024 (each every year).
- MPs must identify villages from nearby rural areas not their urban constituencies.
- The scheme will put special focus on empowering the poor household to come out of poverty by developing a plan for every identified gram panchayat.
- The yojna aims at turning villages into model villages not only by infrastructure development but also by gender equality, dignity of women, social justice, community service, cleanliness, eco-friendliness, peace and harmony.
- Mutual-cooperation, self reliance, local self-government, transparency and accountability in public life will also be expected.
- Social mobilisation and a systematic environment will be created in the model village led and guided by the MP him/herself.
- The District Collector will coordinated the planning process of the Gram Panchayat which will be a participatory exercise.
The to be launched scheme is different from the UPA's Pradhan Mantri Adarsh Gram Yojana as it focused on villages only which had SC communities as more than half the population.
NDA's scheme also includes participatory role for MPs.