PM Narendra Modi's fiery speech in Ghazipur: 'Won't let honest suffer' - What all he said | TOP QUOTES
PM Narendra Modi on Monday in a fiery speech in Uttar Pradesh's Ghazipur district spoke on a number of issues including bad governance by Congress to black money to Pakistan. Here are his top quotes:-
Ghazipur: PM Narendra Modi on Monday in a fiery speech in Uttar Pradesh's Ghazipur district spoke on a number of issues including bad governance by Congress to black money to Pakistan. Here are his top quotes:-
Won't let honest people suffer
- "You voted me to power to curb corruption; why I should not take strong steps to curb the menace of corruption."
- "I will never take any step which may hurt honest citizens."
- "Jo samaanye nagrik ko takleef ho rahi hai uski mujhe bharpoor peeda hai." (I am pained by the inconvenience faced by the people but crackdown on black money a strong step taken in public interest)
- "Yes, those against me are strong people. But, I will not be scared of them. I will not leave the path of truth and integrity."
PM salutes Ghazipur, targets Pakistan
"I salute this land (Ghazipur) which gave birth to Vir Abdul Hamid, who taught Pakistan a lesson in 1965 war."
- "Our enemy is printing counterfeit notes across the border."
PM uses Nehru's birth anniversary to target Congress
- "Today, on Pandit ji's birthday I pledge to reopen those files, which his party and family PMs never did. It's my tribute."
- "In 1962, Ghazipur MP told Pandit Nehru about dire state of poor in Purvanchal, then Pandit ji formed a committee."
- "After Pandit Nehru passed away, many PMs came and went but that committee report is still lost in files."
- "During Emergency, Indira Gandhi shut down papers; Congress stopped 25 paisa coin, now they are protesting the note ban."
- "What did the Congress do for 19 months during the Emergency? They made this nation a prison and arrested so many people."
- "Demonitisation is my gift to Nehru."
Crop Insurance Scheme
"We have brought a very comprehensive crop insurance scheme for the farmers." (Humne pehli baar aisi Fasal Bima Yojana di hai jisse kisan par pehle ke mukabale kam bojh padega)
Demonitisation: Crackdown on black money
- "Today, rich people are taking sleeping pills while poor citizens are sleeping peacefully."
- "Hindustan mein dhan ki kami nahi hai, lekin dhan kahan pada hai vo samasya hai (India has no death of money but where it is lying is the real problem)
- "Poor are supporting note ban while some who had stashed black money are criticising it."
- "Some people never say anything in your face, but behind your back they poke other people to oppose and go against you."