President Pranab Mukherjee's 80th birthday today: Here's how you can visit Rashtrapati Bhavan
Prior booking is required for a visit to the Rashtrapati Bhavan.
The visiting days of Rashtrapati Bhavan and Mughal Gardens are Friday, Saturday and Sunday every week.
For the rest of us, a personal appointment with him may be tough to secure but that's not the case if you wish to visit the presidential palace – The majestic Rashtrapati Bhavan.
Visit to Rashtrapati Bhavan
- Make a online booking through the relevant link on the website 'presidentofindia.nic.in'.
- The visiting days of Rashtrapati Bhavan and Mughal Gardens are Friday, Saturday and Sunday every week, except gazetted holidays. Timings of visit are from 0900 hrs to 1600 hrs.
- Indian nationals are required to carry valid photo ID cards. Foreigners can visit too, they will have to furnish photocopies of their passport at the time of booking and carry the original during the visit.
- You will have to pay Rs 25 as registration charges. Children below age of 12 years get to visit Rashtrapati Bhavan for free. Visitors in a group of 30 persons will be charged Rs 600/- in lump sum per visit.
- For security reasons, President’s Secretariat reserves the right to approve / regret the permission to visit Rashtrapati Bhavan.