Rahul Gandhi's official Twitter account hacked; Congress to file complaint at cyber cell
New Delhi: The Twitter account of Congress vice president Rahul Gandhi was hacked on Wednesday and some expletives-laden tweets were posted.
A series of shocking messages were tweeted from the official Twitter handler of Rahul Gandhi.
Confirming the development, his office said efforts were being made to rectify the problem.
Gandhi's account was hacked around 8.45 pm tonight and some messages with profanities were put out, but these were deleted soon thereafter. The name of the verified Twitter handle "@OfficeOfRG" was also changed.
Most of the tweets posted had abusive as well as objectionable content regarding the Congress party as well as Gandhi family.
After the hacking, Congress raised questions on the digital safety of all Indians and said it reflects disturbing insecurities of the prevalent fascist culture in the country.
Congress leader and chief spokesperson Randeep Surjewala said that his party will file a complaint in this regard at the cyber cell.
"Such lowly tactics will neither drown the sane voice of reason nor deter Rahul Gandhi from raising people's issues," Surjewala said.
"Such unscrupulous, unethical and roguish conduct of venal trolls to hack Rahul Gandhi's Twitter handle reflects disturbing insecurities of prevalent fascist culture," he said.
Surjewala also tweeted, "Pre-meditated hacking of @OfficeOfRG smacks of a sinister conspiracy to abuse and intimidate. It strengthens our resolve to fight for the Nation."
"Hacking of@OfficeofRG proves lack of Digital safety around each one of us. Every digital info can be accessed, altered, morphed & modified," the Congress leader said in another tweet.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Fateh Ka Fatwa: Is it time to introduce reforms in Muslim laws?
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath takes 50 decisions without single Cabinet meet
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath reviews Gomti riverfront work
- UP CM Yogi Adityanath warns supporters of criminals, mafia
- Legal, illegal slaughterhouses in UP: What you need to know
- Azam Khan demands ban on cow slaughter across India, says Muslims should stop eating beef
- Sunil Grover to return as Dr Mashoor Gulati!
- Asaduddin Owaisi asks Centre to clarify policy on buffalo meat export, Nirmala Sitharaman gives apt reply
- No ban on cow slaughter in three Northeast states if party comes to power next year: BJP
- 'The Kapil Sharma Show' controversy: Sunil Grover opens up, finds all the 'tamasha' very 'entertaining'