Coimbatore: Prime Minister Narendra Modi on Tuesday categorically stated that his government has no plans to scrap reservation, as was being speculated earlier.
Here's what all he said in Coimbatore on Tuesday:
- Attacking Congress, Prime Minister Narendra Modi said a “campaign of lies” has been let loose to mislead and fool Dalits as part of a "deliberate conspiracy" to disintegrate the country.
- The PM said “lies are also being spread that Modi is going to take away reservation from Dalits, OBCs, oppressed and the depressed.”
- PM Modi assured the nation that “nobody can do away with reservation till the name of Dr BR Ambedkar remains alive".
- PM Modi said unity, harmony and peace are essential for the country to progress.
- In the run-up to last year's Bihar assembly elections, there was speculation that the Modi government was mulling to scrap caste-based reservation system and that it had the backing of its ideologue, the RSS, on the same.