Srinagar: Arrested Pakistani militant Sajad Ahmed was produced in Sopore Court here on Friday after which he was sent to seven days police custody till September 3rd.
Here are some updates:
- Full name of the captured militant is – Sajjad abu Ubaidullah, who belongs to village Chakk, Tehsil Kote Adu, District Muzaffargarh, Pakistan's Punjab province.
- The Highly trained militant commander belongs to the banned outfit Lashker and is around 23-year-old.
- Sajjad Ahmed was one of the five terrorists who had crossed over from Pakistan-occupied Kashmir (PoK) and hid in the cave after army detected the infiltration and was hunting for them in Rafiabad area of Kashmir.
1: Abu Talha
2: Qital Bhai
- This was the groups third attempt of infiltration. Earlier attempts had failed.
- Was trained in LeT camps. Took advance training of 45 days. Dourae aam and dourae khas.
- There was no specific mission. The group was sent to boost the LeT functions in the valley.
- Sajjad Ahmed was under the command of ABU tala, who was also killed in encounter.
Sajjad is now being interrogated by the joint team of J&K Police and Indian Army. The National Investigation Agency (NIA) had also joined in interrogation.