New Delhi: A number of Twitter users are wondering - What actually led to journalist Rajdeep Sardesai's exit from Twitter!
Here are the sequence of events which led to the journalist's Twitter walkout:-
- On April 30, journalist Rajdeep Sardesai temporarily disabled his Twitter account after allegedly abusive direct messages (DM) were sent from his handle.
"Teri maa ki boo aa rahi hai"
- "Teri maa ki boo aa rahi hai" - was one of the direct messages sent out from Rajdeep Sardesai's Twitter handle.
- "Teri maa ki boo aa rahi hai" message was in response to an allegation that Sardesai was a beneficiary of money spent by Finmeccanica, parents of AgustaWestland, for managing media coverage of the chopper deal, according to a report in Firstpost.
"Will your mother entertain us"
- "Will your mother entertain us," read one of the messages received by a user allegedly from Rajdeep Sardesai's Twitter account.
— Kaustubh (@kaustubhsumbre) April 29, 2016
- However, Sardesai claimed the tweets were not his.
What Rajdeep has to say?
- "There has been a campaign of abuse in last one week and it has been extremely personal, and apparently DMs (direct messages) have been sent from my account which I haven’t sent so I have informed Twitter about it," Rajdeep said.
"I have temporarily disabled the account till they sort out the issue and tell me what has to be done. If a police complaint has to be filed, it will be filed,” Rajdeep added, according to a report in The Indian Express.
"Anyways this is a good break," says the journalist.