New Delhi: Criticising China for blocking India's bid at the United Nations (UN) for a ban on Pakistan-based terror group Jaish-e-Mohammed chief Masood Azhar, Minister of State for Home Kiren Rijiju on Friday said India would take appropriate action.
After the Pathankot terror attack on January 2, India had in February written to the UN, calling for immediate action to list JeM chief under the Al-Qaeda Sanction`s Committee.
However, China on Thursday requested the UN Committee, which is considering a ban on the JeM chief, to keep the ruling on hold.
The Chinese response came even as Union Home Minister Rajnath Singh on Wednesday claimed that Pakistan had, for the first time, acknowledged that the terror attack in Pathankot had its roots in that country.
Rajnath said Pakistan had been continuously saying that it was not involved in militant and terror activities in India, however, now Pakistan has acknowledged that the Pathankot attack, and has filed an FIR too.
The India`s submission was armed with strong evidences of the outfit`s terror activities and its role in the Pathankot attack that claimed lives of seven Indian military personnel.
India also told the UN Sanctions Committee that not listing Azhar would expose it and other South Asian countries to threats from the terror group and its leader.