RPF IG's wife robbed off Rs 1.5 lakh while travelling with her husband, securitymen
Lucknow: Cops were left red faced when the wife of IG, Railway Protection Force (RPF) was robbed of Rs 1.5 lakh while travelling from AC-1 coach of the New Delhi-Lucknow Express .
At the time of incident Chandra Rani was accompanied by her husband Anjani Kumar and a group of security personnel. Kumar is posted as IG at RPF Academy in Lucknow.
According to a report in the Times of India, the incident took place Bareilly railway station . An FIR was filed with Lucknow GRP, which was later transferred to Bareilly GRP since the incident took place there.
Reports say that Chandra Rani noticed her purse was missing as the train arrived at Bareilly railway station. Following a frantic search, it was found outside toilet in the compartment. On searching the purse, it was found emptied and Rs Rs 1.5 lakh were missing from it.
The superintendent of police (railways), Vaibhav Krishna told that the matter is being investigated but no arrest has been made so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bird flu grips nation, Delhi worst affected
- J&K: Suspected Pakistani spy arrested in Samba district
- Some people are creating confusion between me and my father: Akhilesh Yadav
- I pay my tribute to martyr Naresh Pal: PM Narendra Modi
- Kerala: Medical college prohibits girls from wearing jeans, noisy ornaments
- India vs New Zealand, 3rd ODI: As it happened...
- 7th Pay Commission: Committee on Allowances proposes hike in HRA for central govt employees
- Tata Sons removes Cyrus Mistry as Chairman; Ratan Tata interim boss for 4 months
- Uttar Pradesh CM Akhilesh Yadav told Mulayam Singh's brother Shivpal that he would float new party?
- Samajwadi Party feud intensifies: Shivpal Yadav sacked, Ramgopal Yadav expelled - As it happened