RPF IG's wife robbed off Rs 1.5 lakh while travelling with her husband, securitymen
Lucknow: Cops were left red faced when the wife of IG, Railway Protection Force (RPF) was robbed of Rs 1.5 lakh while travelling from AC-1 coach of the New Delhi-Lucknow Express .
At the time of incident Chandra Rani was accompanied by her husband Anjani Kumar and a group of security personnel. Kumar is posted as IG at RPF Academy in Lucknow.
According to a report in the Times of India, the incident took place Bareilly railway station . An FIR was filed with Lucknow GRP, which was later transferred to Bareilly GRP since the incident took place there.
Reports say that Chandra Rani noticed her purse was missing as the train arrived at Bareilly railway station. Following a frantic search, it was found outside toilet in the compartment. On searching the purse, it was found emptied and Rs Rs 1.5 lakh were missing from it.
The superintendent of police (railways), Vaibhav Krishna told that the matter is being investigated but no arrest has been made so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Will Akhilesh-Rahul alliance be able to trump BJP in UP elections?
- Arms case: Salman Khan acquitted by Jodhpur court
- Raisina Dialogue 2017: Pakistan must walk away from terror, says PM Modi
- J&K: LeT militant gunned down by security forces in Bandipora
- Etah: School bus collides with truck, several children killed
- World's 30 most dynamic cities: Check out the full list
- China State TV said that its troops can reach New Delhi in 48 hours in war scenario; Indians slay it with their replies
- WATCH: Kieron Pollard's incredible one-handed six demoralises Fawad Ahmed
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- Bengaluru pips Silicon Valley to become world's most dynamic city