RPF IG's wife robbed off Rs 1.5 lakh while travelling with her husband, securitymen
Lucknow: Cops were left red faced when the wife of IG, Railway Protection Force (RPF) was robbed of Rs 1.5 lakh while travelling from AC-1 coach of the New Delhi-Lucknow Express .
At the time of incident Chandra Rani was accompanied by her husband Anjani Kumar and a group of security personnel. Kumar is posted as IG at RPF Academy in Lucknow.
According to a report in the Times of India, the incident took place Bareilly railway station . An FIR was filed with Lucknow GRP, which was later transferred to Bareilly GRP since the incident took place there.
Reports say that Chandra Rani noticed her purse was missing as the train arrived at Bareilly railway station. Following a frantic search, it was found outside toilet in the compartment. On searching the purse, it was found emptied and Rs Rs 1.5 lakh were missing from it.
The superintendent of police (railways), Vaibhav Krishna told that the matter is being investigated but no arrest has been made so far.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley?
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part II
- DNA: Why nationalist reporting trigger protest in Gurez valley? - Part III
- DNA: Minor burnt three puppies to death in Hyderabad
- DNA: Today in History, July 21, 2016
- Dalit youth beaten, urinated upon in Bihar, says FIR
- Lok Sabha Speaker calls Bhagwant Mann video of Parliament security 'serious', hints action is coming
- Himachal sees 26 percent deficit rainfall
- Actors singing is a very good trend: Ayushmann Khurrana
- UK adds Pak-based Chinese Islamic group to terror list