Nagpur: In an unprecedented move, Doordarshan and some private TV channels aired the Rashtriya Swayamsevak Sangh chief, Mohan Bhagwat's address to the nation from Nagpur on the occasion of Vijay Dashmi on Friday.
Here are the Live updates:
- RSS chief concludes his speech by greeting the nation on the occasion of Vijay Dashmi.
- We must ensure that each of our Hindu tempe, cremation ground and community water source must remain open to all Hindus: RSS chief
- Society too has to play an important role in meeting the challenges, society needs to be aware towards tackling issues: Bhagwat
- Make sure that the atmosphere in our family life is suitable for giving right kind of training to our children, says RSS chief.
- “The all inclusive and all encompassing truth is what we call Hinduness. It is our national identity.”
- Ensure that all Hindus should participate in all functions, celebrations as well as festivals of great heroes & personalities, says RSS chief.
- Govt will have to evolve a suitable development path which suits our current situation, Bhgawat says
- RSS chief calls for boycott of Chinese products, says we want the govt to stay firm on China but we enjoy buying products from the country.
- “Jehadi and Naxal extremists groups have presented a serious threat to the internal National Security”
Jehadi and Naxal extremists groups have presented a serious threat to the internal National Security : Bhagwat #RSSVijayadashmi
— Dr Mohan Bhagwat (@DrMohanBhagwat) October 3, 2014
- Jihadi atrocities are increasing alarmingly in TN & Kerala, concerned governments there are not taking actions effectively: RSS chief
- 'Infiltration is increasing in Assam and Bengal from Bangladesh. What is worse is that some elements in our society help these infiltrators'.
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat says no one has magic wand to change, we will have to wait.
- New government is not even six months old, but positive signs are emanating from time to time which give hope: Bhagwat
- Praising Indian sportspersons, the RSS chief says, “Our athletes have made us proud in the Asian Games.”
- Arrogance, egoism, fanaticism shown in the conduct among individuals or nations are the real cause of the Global crisis, says Bhagwat.
- Some countries with economic interests want to expand their own empires in the name of globalization, says RSS chief.
- 'Unless the momentum of that vicious cycle of terrorism is uprooted, it is not possible to rescue the world'.
- ''Because of this environmental destruction, the world is facing newer and deadlier natural calamities consistently.''
- Selfish interests by the western countries is responsible for a new incarnation of terror and fundamentalism today, says Bhagwat.
- This is only a small step in the direction of our goal of making Bharat the 'Vishwa-Guru' of the world, a model nation: Bhagwat
- We have to cover quite a long distance to reach our goal to make Bharath "Viswa Guru": Bhagwat
- World realized how common man of Bharat takes part in future building of the nation through democratic responsibilities: Bhagwat
- “It is our duty to keep our surroundings clean,” RSS chief on Clean India campaign.
- Emergence of strong Bharat on the international horizon is fulfilling the aspirations of the common Bharateeya, says Bhagwat
- Bharatiya diaspora is exhibiting enthusiasm & resolve towards the Motherland: RSS chief.
- RSS chief lauds Narendra Modi's visit to US, says ''PM was given a rousing welcome in the US.”
- Unbroken current of national thinking prevailed in the region between the Himalayas and the sea on the other, says Bhagwat
- Bharat has been the only example which has made genuine efforts in this direction through the path of truth and non-violence: Bhagwat
- Without attempting to conquer any empire, Rishis & Munis shared Bharatiya ethos of love, affection and universal welfare, says RSS chief
- Bharat is elder brother in world community: Bhagwat
- Communities and thinkers across the world see a positive hope for themselves and the world in the future of Bharat.
- Respect and acceptance of each other’s faith, harmony and cooperation is the hall mark speciality of Hindu Culture.
- Hindutva offers complete freedom in matters of one's search for truth in life, experience and its inference: Bhagwat
- Our goal is to make Bharat the 'Vishwa-Guru' of the world as a model nation that runs on the principles of happiness & peace, says Bhagwat.
- The grand success of Mangalyaan has tremendously generated respect for us & has added to our self respect: RSS chief
- RSS congratulates all scientists for their success in the Mangal-Abhiyan: RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat
- We offer pranams to Great Rajendra chola, whose millennium year is celebrating this year: Bhagwat
- RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat begins his speech.
RSS chief Mohan Bhagwat's speech was never telecast live on Doordarshan on the occasion of Vijaya Dashmi and is likely to trigger criticism amid demands from other organisations and community leaders to be given equal space on national broadcaster for live coverage of their speeches.
I hope someone files a PIL against DD’s plans to cover the RSS chief's speech live. This naked state majoritarianism must be resisted.
— Ramachandra Guha (@Ram_Guha) October 3, 2014
The RSS is a sectarian Hindu body. Next, imams in mosques and priests in churches may ask that DD covers their speeches live!
— Ramachandra Guha (@Ram_Guha) October 3, 2014
Senior Congress leader Rashid Alvi also criticised the move.
DD is run by public money.So how is Govt using it to broadcast RSS Chief's speech? Unfortunate-Rashid Alvi,Congress pic.twitter.com/ccFSkCWiQO
— ANI (@ANI_news) October 3, 2014
This is the first Vijaya Dashmi address by the RSS chief after the BJP-led NDA has come to power led by Prime Minister Narendra Modi.
Later today, Prime Minister Narendra Modi will also connect with people via a radio programme titled "Man ki Baat" that will be telecast live by the All India Radio (AIR) and other leading private broadcasters on the Vijaya Dashmi.
"Many ideas and suggestions for my forthcoming radio programme have come. Have decided to hold the first programme on 3rd October at 11:00 am," Modi had said in a post on social networking site 'Twitter'.
In another tweet in Hindi, Modi had said "3 October ko aap sabhi se radio par kuch man ki baatein karunga" (On 3rd October, I will share some of my thoughts with all of you).