New Delhi: Defence Minister Manohar Parrikar on Friday sought to downplay media reports about secret documents of Scorpene submarines being made public illegally and said that the leak was “unintentional” and the navy is prepared to address “all our concerns”.
Parrikar said that he has instructed the navy to find out areas of concerns based on inputs and take appropriate steps to address it.
“We are going by the assumption of worst case scenario,” ANI quoted Parrikar as saying.
The defense minister said the data leak "is not a big worry" since it does not include details of the weapon system.
He said the Centre will very soon put things in order.
"Our submarine has so far not done the sea trials therefore, the most important signature doesn`t form part of the documents," he added.
Currently, six Scorpene submarines are being built in India by French firm DCNS.
Late on Thursday, The Australian newspaper had uploaded a fresh tranche of leaked documents relating to the Scorpene's underwater warfare system.
However, a top defence analyst allayed fears that it could compromise the security of the strategically important combat vessels.
The leaked documents give details about the sonar system of the submarines which is used to gather intelligence underwater.
It also has information about a wide range of technical specifications of sonars.
Though the Navy has not yet officially reacted to the release of new documents, sources maintained that it does not compromise national security.
They said the same information about a submarine was on "many naval defence websites".
"On the face of it, these documents are basic operating manual. You buy any goods from the market, it will come with an operating manual," defence analyst Commodore Uday Bhaskar (Retd), Director of Society of Policy Studies told PTI.
If the question is if tonight's revelation has made our submarines vulnerable, "then the answer is no", he said.
"It is more like basic operating instructions for the user," he said.