Senior RSS leader Brigadier (Retd) Jagdish Gagneja still critical after being shot at - Know what happened
Local BJP MLA Manoranjan Kalia said that three bullets hit senior RSS leader Brig (retd) Jagdish Gagneja.
Jalandhar: In yet another crime against right-wing leaders, senior RSS leader Brig (retd) Jagdish Gagneja was shot at on Saturday night in Jalandhar.
His condition is stated to be critical.
Here is what happened:-
- He was shot at by some bike-borne persons at Jyoti Chowk area in Jalandhar
- He was shot at around 9 PM near Makhdumpura colony of Jyoti Chowk area
- He was rushed to a private hospital where his condition is stated to be critical
- Local BJP MLA Manoranjan Kalia said that three bullets hit Gagneja
- Jagdish Gagneja is Sah-sarsanghchalak of RSS's Punjab unit
Police have started probe in the matter.
Punjab Pradesh Congress Committee President Amarinder Singh condemned the attack on the RSS leader.
"Such nefarious designs deserve to be nipped in the bud lest these push Punjab into anarchy," he said in a statement.
People may not agree or approve of RSS ideology, but in a democracy everyone has a right to pursue his political and ideological beliefs, Amarinder said.
"Such intimidation is unacceptable," he said.