New Delhi: Actor-turned politician Shatrughan Sinha is all set to take the nation by storm as he will be releasing his biography 'Anything But Khamosh' in New Delhi on January 6.
The book will be released by BJP veteran leader and Sinha's mentor LK Advani. Sinha's actor-daughter Sonakshi Sinha will also be present at the occasion.
Shatrughan has been making headlines since BJP's debacle in the Bihar Assembly polls. Recently, he openly supported suspended BJP MP Kirti Azad, who accused Finance Minister Arun Jaitley of massive irregularities in DDCA.
Looking at the content from the biography, it seems Shatrughan is no mood to give up his aggression against the ruling party. The book, however doesn't take any name but hints towards Amit Shah and Smriti Irani as the two prominent leaders who were given Cabinet posts despite performing poorly in the 2014 Lok Sabha elections.
Here, we take a look at some of the quotes from Shatrughan's biography.
- Not only Johnnies-come-lately but also some who had lost the Lok Sabha elections, perhaps humiliatingly, were rewarded with not one but two and three ministerial posts, marginalising those who'd won with a record margin, marginalising those who'd won with a record margin.
- I can contest as an independent and had the support of many, ranging from Nitish Kumar to Lalu Prasad to Rahul Gandhi. I have friends everywhere.
- If there is one regret that I have in politics, it is that I was made to fight Rajesh Khanna from Delhi in 1991.
- I cried after losing the election from Delhi in 1991. I also felt very let down because Advani ji had not come even for one day to campaign for me.
- Politics showed its ugly profile in many ways. After I lost that election, I was so sharply sidelined that I would be made to feel distinctly unwelcome at our party office on Ashoka Road. People would stop talking when I entered, or change the topic and make me uncomfortable.
- I have done nothing against the party, but they can expel me if they want. If they do expel me though, they shouldn't forget Newton's 3rd law; every reaction has it's equal and opposite reaction.