Mumbai: With the convoluted Sheena Bora murder mystery gaining wider national attention with each passing day, almost everyone who has been following the case, must be curious about what role did Peter Mukerjea, former TV tycoon and the husband of prime accused Indrani Mukerjea, played in the entire episode.
As Indrani Mukerjea's husband Peter was called for questioning by the Mumbai police on Wednesday, there had already been enough speculations on what questions will he be bombarded with.
According to a report in the Times of India, Peter who was grilled for over 12 hours, was quizzed extensively by the police in two phases - first written, then oral.
He was first given a questionnaire of 25 questions that he answered in written as his wife Indrani, seated in the adjoining room, too answered the same set of questions.
The police on Wednesday evening was busy comparing the answers by the husband-wife couple, to spot any discrepancies in the two versions.
The police have said that peter Mukerjea will be again called on Thursday and record his statement again to check for differences in his own version, the report added.
According to the TOI report, here are 12 points on which Peter was mainly quizzed.
- Peter was interrogated about his financial transactions, including his investments and his share in various companies.
- He was asked how much money he had given to Indrani, son Rahul, Sheena, and Vidhie (Indrani's daughter from her previous marriage with Sanjeev Khanna).
- Besides financial dealings at INX media, the police also bombarded peter with questions on his family members.
- Peter was asked who according to him, might have killed Sheena and what might have been the motive.
- Police asked about his reaction when his son Rahul revealed to him his affair with Sheena and engagement plans? Did he support it?
- Police asked Peter if he was in the know of Indrani's continued correspondence with ex-husband Sanjeev?
- Peter was asked when did Rahul tell him that he suspected foul play in Sheena's disappearance and what was his reaction on that.
- Peter was quizzed as to why had he not suspected any foul play in Sheena's disappearance?
- Peter was also asked if he knew that Sheena was Indrani's daughter and not sister.
- Peter was then asked if he knew that he was Indrani's third husband.
- Police also asked him if Indrani ever told him about Siddhartha Das and her two children from him.
- Peter was asked about his whereabouts on the day of April 24, 2012 when the act of murder was committed.