Shocking! Woman tries to strangle mother-in-law in UP, caught on CCTV
Bijnor: In a shocking incident, a woman has been caught assaulting and trying to strangle her 70-year-old bed ridden mother-in-law to death in Uttar Pradesh.
The video, captured on January 5, shows the woman, Sangeeta Jain brutally assaulting 70-year-old Rajrani Jain, with a brick and trying to strangle her with a rope. The incident took place in Bijnor district of Uttar Pradesh.
The video was uploaded by social activist Kundan Srivastava on his Facebook page and was supported by an appeal to Chief Minister Akhilesh Yadav to take action against the woman.
"My daughter in-law attacked me brutally. That day she came from kitchen and started slapping me. She almost strangled me to death. She even hit my head with brick. I don't know why she did this. I never interfered in anything happening in the family," told the victimized mother in-law.
Sangeeta's husband Sandip Kumar Jain informed that he installed CTV camera in their home to catch her wife red-handed as she had been troubling his parents for quite some time.
"This has been happening for quite some time now. She used to assault and abuse my parents very often. I complained about her but no one used to listen to me. Then after waiting for two years, I installed a CCTV camera expecting that she will fix her ways, but she didn't. That day she crossed all the limits. I installed the camera to unmask her since the law is on the woman's side when these types of cases are concerned," said Sandip.
"We have registered a case under section 307 of IPC against the woman. Investigation is underway," Subhash Singh Baghel, SP said. Reportedly, the woman had earlier filed a false case on marital rape against her husband, who is currently in police custody.
On the other hand, Sangeeta has claimed that the video is fake and she is being framed by husband and in-laws.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing