Sushma Swaraj's presser on NSA-talks: Here are some key points
External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Saturday reiterated that India welcomes Pakistan NSA Sartaj Aziz only if talks are confined to terror, and Hurriyat is not involved. In the process she also said that Pakistan has time till 12 midnight today to assure that the talks will be on terrorism.
New Delhi: External Affairs Minister Sushma Swaraj on Saturday reiterated that India welcomes Pakistan NSA Sartaj Aziz only if talks are confined to terror, and Hurriyat is not involved. In the process she also said that Pakistan has time till 12 midnight today to assure that the talks will be on terrorism.
Here are some important points:
- No India-Pakistan NSA talks if they include Hurriyat as third party, says Sushma Swaraj.
- India ready for NSA talks with Pakistan if they are only around terror: Sushma Swaraj.
- All India-Pak talks can't be called composite dialogue, says Sushma Swaraj.
- What papers will Pakistan show? We have Naved, a living person as proof: Sushma Swaraj.
- Concerning Daewood Ibrahim, no other country will accept proof from a media house; govt will provide its own evidence on it: Swaraj.
- India is not putting any pre-conditions. Only reminding there will be no talks on Kashmir now. It will be only on terror: Swaraj.
- Shimla Agreement dictates that there won't be a third party in talks; in UFA both PMs agreed to talks on terror, respect this: Sushma Swaraj.
- India is not running away from talks on Kashmir, but this is not the discussed issue of the talk this time: Sushma.
- Nawaz Sharif faced flak right after Ufa meet,decided not to let NSA level talks happen: Sushma Swaraj
- Three meetings were decided in Ufa, out of which one meeting was 'NSA level talks' on terror: Sushma Swaraj.
- After Udhampur attack, we were under pressure to cancel talks. We did not do so because talks were on terror: EAM
- Instead of reducing tensions, Pakistan stepped up terrorism in India, including the Gurdaspur attack, since Ufa talks, says Sushma.
- Sushma Swaraj further says that after Ufa, there have been 91 violations of ceasefire.
- Pakistan is running away from talks which will be held only when we get a reply. Time available is only tonight: Swaraj.
While India has made it clear to Pakistan that a meeting between the separatists and Aziz was not appropriate, Pakistan reacted strongly to insist that it would not depart from the "established past practice" of interacting with separatist Hurriyat leaders.