Suspected Pakistani spy, employee of Pokhran post office, held
Jaipur: An alleged Pakistani spy, working as a postal employee, has been arrested by the police on Monday.
According to India Today, the person has been identified as Narendra Sharma. He has been detained for spying for Pakistan's intelligence service Intel-Services Intelligence (ISI).
As per the report, Rajasthan Intelligence Bureau along with the Military Intelligence officers are interrogating the suspect at Pokhran Police Station.
Since morning the investigating officials were searching the said post office in Pokharan and a short while ago the officials declared that they have nabbed Sharma who was allegedly spying for Pakistan, the report said.
The alleged Pak spy is also getting financial assistance from Pakistan in lieu of the spying activity, the report added.
In December 2015, Rajasthan's Anti-Terrorism Squad had arrested a former Army man for allegedly leaking confidential information pertaining to the Indian Army to Pakistan's ISI.
The accused, identified as Patwari Gordhan Singh, was first detained in Pokharan area of Jaisalmer by a joint team of Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh ATS. He was arrested after interrogation by ATS and Rajasthan intelligence agency, as per PTI.
Last year, in November, the Delhi Police arrested a BSF soldier and a retired Indian Army havildar for allegedly leaking information pertaining to India's national security to ISI. Both were arrested in Jammu & Kashmir.
Pokharan, situated in Rajasthan's Jaisalmer district, is a very sensitive area as far as the Indian Army activity is concerned.
It is a remote location in the Thar Desert region and served as the test site for India's first underground nuclear weapon detonation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Ceasefire violations by Pak: Should India carry out surgical strike part-II?
- Pak High Commission staffer grilled for spying, asked to leave India
- Panel discussion on the need of Pakistan's ambassador in India
- Meet Lynlee Hope - Texas baby who was 'born' twice!
- DNA: Zee Media's campaign to celebrate Diwali with soldier's family
- Pakistan's brutality exposed; `Black Day` protesters thrashed in PoK - Video goes viral
- Pakistan High Commission staffer, briefly detained for espionage, asked to leave India in 48 hours
- Diwali 2016: Dhanteras Puja timings, Tithi and Vidhi
- Pakistan declares Indian High Commission official persona non grata, asks him to leave country
- UPA govt thought of attacking Lashkar HQ, training camps after 26/11 strike, claims ex-NSA Shivshankar Menon