Suspected Pakistani spy, employee of Pokhran post office, held
Jaipur: An alleged Pakistani spy, working as a postal employee, has been arrested by the police on Monday.
According to India Today, the person has been identified as Narendra Sharma. He has been detained for spying for Pakistan's intelligence service Intel-Services Intelligence (ISI).
As per the report, Rajasthan Intelligence Bureau along with the Military Intelligence officers are interrogating the suspect at Pokhran Police Station.
Since morning the investigating officials were searching the said post office in Pokharan and a short while ago the officials declared that they have nabbed Sharma who was allegedly spying for Pakistan, the report said.
The alleged Pak spy is also getting financial assistance from Pakistan in lieu of the spying activity, the report added.
In December 2015, Rajasthan's Anti-Terrorism Squad had arrested a former Army man for allegedly leaking confidential information pertaining to the Indian Army to Pakistan's ISI.
The accused, identified as Patwari Gordhan Singh, was first detained in Pokharan area of Jaisalmer by a joint team of Rajasthan and Uttar Pradesh ATS. He was arrested after interrogation by ATS and Rajasthan intelligence agency, as per PTI.
Last year, in November, the Delhi Police arrested a BSF soldier and a retired Indian Army havildar for allegedly leaking information pertaining to India's national security to ISI. Both were arrested in Jammu & Kashmir.
Pokharan, situated in Rajasthan's Jaisalmer district, is a very sensitive area as far as the Indian Army activity is concerned.
It is a remote location in the Thar Desert region and served as the test site for India's first underground nuclear weapon detonation.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- DNA : When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism?
- Drunk girl assaults Mumbai police in Worli
- Arun Jaitley upset with Subramaniam Swami's Twitter attack
- Bombay HC to pronounce verdict on entry of woman to Haji Ali Dargah today
- DNA: When will Indian govt take strong actions against terrorism? - Part II
- Terrorists barge into BJP leader's residence in J&K's Chadoora, snatch AK-47 rifle from his PSO
- Mysore royal wedding: Yaduveer Krishnadatta Chamaraja's wedding attire was designed by Pramoda Devi. Know more facts
- Karnataka Police records statement of nursing student
- WATCH: More like Messi! Three most-talked about penalty misses by legendary footballers
- Crashed EgyptAir plane's data recorder repaired