Underworld don Dawood Ibrahim's nephew Sohail Kaskar held in US for narco-terrorism
Mumbai: While underworld don Dawood Ibrahim continues to live in hiding, his nephew Sohail Kaskar has been arrested by the US authorities for narco-terrorism.
According to a ToI report, Sohail Kaskar, 36, has been arrested for conspiring to commit narco-terrorism, provide material support to a foreign terrorist organization and unlawfully sell missile launching systems.
Sohail Kaskar has been linked with Colombia's FARC terrorist group.
As per report, Sohail and two Pakistani nationals were arrested by the US's dreaded Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) in December 2015 after extradition from Spain, but Dawood’s henchmen used all their might and money power to suppress the news to save Dawood's "international image" from getting tarnished.
Sohail, alias Ali Danish, is Dawood's deceased younger brother Noora's older son.
Report also quoted sources as saying that Dawood has engaged a top lawyer for Sohail, who, if convicted, can face a maximum sentence of life in jail and a mandatory minim-um term of 25 years in prison.
The lawyer, Tom Keniff, is representing him in the Manhattan federal court, which charged him in December 2015 for supplying surface to-air missiles to FARC and for bringing drugs, mainly heroin, into the US from Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part II
- Panel discussion on the need of 'smart' politics in India - Part III
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future?
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: How will business be conducted in the future? - Part II
- Find out which day of the week is dedicated to which Lord!
- Angelique Kerber eyes double delight, aims German Wimbledon & Euros triumph
- Banned Pakistan spin-bowler Danish Kaneria returns home from India
- Seven companies in race to manage EPFO's equity investments in FY17
- BCCI Conclave: DDCA Joint Secretary Vivek Gupta snubbed as he went uninvited!