Underworld don Dawood Ibrahim's nephew Sohail Kaskar held in US for narco-terrorism
Mumbai: While underworld don Dawood Ibrahim continues to live in hiding, his nephew Sohail Kaskar has been arrested by the US authorities for narco-terrorism.
According to a ToI report, Sohail Kaskar, 36, has been arrested for conspiring to commit narco-terrorism, provide material support to a foreign terrorist organization and unlawfully sell missile launching systems.
Sohail Kaskar has been linked with Colombia's FARC terrorist group.
As per report, Sohail and two Pakistani nationals were arrested by the US's dreaded Drug Enforcement Administration (DEA) in December 2015 after extradition from Spain, but Dawood’s henchmen used all their might and money power to suppress the news to save Dawood's "international image" from getting tarnished.
Sohail, alias Ali Danish, is Dawood's deceased younger brother Noora's older son.
Report also quoted sources as saying that Dawood has engaged a top lawyer for Sohail, who, if convicted, can face a maximum sentence of life in jail and a mandatory minim-um term of 25 years in prison.
The lawyer, Tom Keniff, is representing him in the Manhattan federal court, which charged him in December 2015 for supplying surface to-air missiles to FARC and for bringing drugs, mainly heroin, into the US from Pakistan.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Revealed - How Indian Army hit terror camps across LoC!
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- India used 'Cartosat 2c' satellite in surgical strikes against Pakistan
- Panel discussion on Hafiz Saeed's reaction after Indian Army surgical strikes
- DNA: Inside story of Indian Army's surgical strikes across LoC
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- After threatening Zee News, Hafiz Saeed says PM Modi, Ajit Doval staged `surgical strike drama'
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read