Waiting for the day Kashmir becomes part of Pakistan: Nawaz Sharif
Muzaffarabad: "We are waiting for the day (when) Kashmir becomes (a part of) Pakistan," Prime Minister Nawaz Sharif said on Friday.
Sharif was addressing a public gathering on the occasion of his Pakistan Muslim League-Nawaz`s win in the "Azad Jammu and Kashmir" assembly election on Thursday.
In his first public address following an open heart surgery earlier this year, Sharif urged Kashmiris "not to forget those in (Indian) held Kashmir who are sacrificing their lives for freedom".
The PML-N is set to form the next government in Pakistani Kashmir, whose official name is "Azad Jammu and Kashmir".
New Delhi accuses Islamabad of arming and training militants fighting to secede Jammu and Kashmir from India. Pakistan says it only provides moral and diplomatic backing to the separatist campaign.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Shiv Sena MP Ravindra Gaikwad barred from flying after his assault on AI staffer
- Watch: Yogi Adityanath's first speech as Uttar Pradesh CM in Gorakhpur
- What Hindu saints think about Ram Mandir issue?
- Yogi Adityanath to visit Gorakhpur for first time today after becoming UP CM
- Bikaner: 13-year-old schoolgirl raped by eight teachers
- WATCH: Skipper Virat Kohli carries drinks for Team India
- Know how to link your PAN card with Aadhaar card – Here is the step by step explanation
- Mulayam Singh Yadav's son Prateek, his daughter-in-law Aparna meet UP CM Yogi Adityanath - Know why
- Mohanlal's 'Manyam Puli' has a BREATHTAKING scene where TIGER attacks a boy! WATCH 'Pulimurugan' clip
- Yogi Adityanath meets gang-rape survivor, who was forced to drink acid, at Lucknow hospital; two arrested