New Delhi: Cracking an interview is not tough if one comes fully prepared for it. Most of the candidates appearing in an interview are often under tremendous pressure since they are not aware of what they will be asked. However, in all probability, a candidate will definitely be asked to introduce himself.
Here are few tips to guide you on how to prepare yourself for the interview.
1. Try to be concise: You should be crisp and concise while introducing yourself. Please keep in mind that you don't need to stretch your introduction detailing each and everything you did in past. Remember, there is always a time constraint and the interviewers do not have time to waste pretty much on each and every candidate.
2. Stick to most relevant things: Those interviewing you are only looking for relevant information that tells them whether or not you are the right for the job. So, do not bombard them with unnecessary details or information which has nothing to with the company profile or the job you applied for.
3. Seriousness: Interview should be taken very seriously. There is no need for the candiadtes to crack a joke or cook a story in front of the interviewer just to please them. It may backfire as they may not be interested in hearing it and may consider it a sheer wastage of time. Moreover, it will also lower your weightage in the eyes of your interviewers.
4. Don't be repetitive: Do not repeat the details mentioned in your resume as your interviewer must already be carrying a copy of resume in front of him. Provide him with most appropriate information that adds value to your candidature and suitabilility for the applied job.
5. Keep smiling: If you greet your interviewers and answer their questions with confidence and a pleasant smile, it can work wonders for you. But please smile only when the situation allows. If you get a good start it may ease tension on your mind and make you feel better.