New Delhi: New Delhi: Known for speaking his mind and stoking controversies, former Supreme Court judge Markandey Katju on Tuesday posted a blog titled 'Keep away from women'.
In his blog, the former chairman of Press Council of India mentions how women, since ancient times, have been playing key roles in the world's major controversies.
Full Text of his blog post:
Keep away from women
Just consider :
1. If Kaikeyi had not been over ambitious to get her own son Bharat declared as the next King of Ayodhya, Lord Rama would not have had to go to exile for 14 yeays, his father Dasharath would not have died an untimely death due to grief, Lanka would not have been burnt, and hundreds of thousands of soldiers would not have been killed in the war between Rama and Ravana
2. Had it not been for Maneka, Rishi Vishwamitra's tapasya would not have been broken .
3. Had it not been for Helen, there would not have been a Trojan war in which so many Greeks and Trojans were killed and Troy destroyed
4. Had it not been for Cleopatra, Mark Antony would not have lost half the Roman Empire
5. But for Lady Macbeth, Macbeth would not have become a murderer
6. Had it not been for Christine Keeler, John Profumo would not have had to resign as a Minister and member of Parliament in U.K.
6. Bill Clinton almost lost the post of President of USA because of Monica Lewinsky
7. Czarina Alexandra made her husband Czar Nicholas II do stupid things because of her infatuation with Rasputin.
8. Queen Mary Tudor ( known as Bloody Mary ) burnt hundreds of Protestants in England
9. The Dowager Empress of China Cixi agreed to the signing of the shameful Boxer Protocol, under which a foreign international army was posted in Beijing
10. President Abraham Lincoln's wife Mary made his life hell by her tantrums
The list is almost endless
So the best thing to do is to keep away from women and become a brahmachari
Tulsidas has rightly said in the Ramcharitmanas :
" दीपशिखा सम युवती तन, मन जनि होत पतंग "
A young woman's body is like a flame. Do not be like a moth and get burnt ( by coming close to it )