Wing tips of two taxiing planes touch each other at Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport
Mumbai: A major mishap was averted on Wednesday when the wingtips of two aircraft--one of them taxiing and the other on the verge of takeoff--touched each other at the city's Chhatrapati Shivaji International Airport here.
No passenger or crew member of either IndiGo or Kuwait Airways aircraft was hurt in the incident, which took place at around 0545 hours, airport sources said.
Both the aircraft are now grounded and the incident has been reported to the aviation regulator DGCA, they said.
Kuwait Airways' Airbus A330 was taxiing at the runway for Kuwait while IndiGo's Airbus A320 was taking off for Kolkata via Jaipur, they said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan
- Donald Trump's Inauguration Day: As it happened