Yakub Memon's fate: Here's all that we know

1993 Mumbai serial blasts convict Yakub Memon is due to be hanged on July 30. His curative petition was on Wednesday categorically rejected by the Supreme Court. Here are the latest developments in the case.

Yakub Memon's fate: Here's all that we know

New Delhi: 1993 Mumbai serial blasts convict Yakub Memon is due to be hanged on July 30. His curative petition was on Wednesday categorically rejected by the Supreme Court. Here are the latest developments in the case.

  • 1993 Mumbai serial blasts convict Yakub Memon's curative petition has been rejected by the Supreme Court.
  • SC, while dismissing his curative petition, said that there was no procedural lapse.
  • SC said it will not hear Yakub Memon's curative petition again.
  • Supreme Court held that Yakub Memon's curative petition was rightly disposed off.
  • Supreme Court also refused to stay Yakub Memon's execution.
  • SC ruling came after all arguments on Yakub Memon's plea were over.
  • Yakub Memon's lawyer R Ramachandran had questioned validity of SC bench which heard curative petition.
  • Maharashtra Governor Ch Vidyasagar Rao has also rejected Yakub Memon's second mercy petition, in a double blow to him.
  • His lawyer had argued that the first mercy plea made last year was filed by his family and not Yakub.
  • Yakub Memon will now be hanged on July 30 as per the death warrant issued against him by the Maharashtra govt.
  • ANI reported that Yakub Memon will be hanged tomorrow at 7 am in Nagpur jail.
  • Nagpur jail authorities have conducted medical check-up of Yakub Memon ahead of his scheduled execution tomorrow.
  • The check-up showed Memon is mentally and physically fit.
  • President Pranab Mukherjee had last year rejected Yakub's mercy plea.
  • Memon, the lone death row convict in 1993 Mumbai serial blasts, turns 53 tomorrow.

By continuing to use the site, you agree to the use of cookies. You can find out more by clicking this link

Close