10 govt teachers suspended for dereliction of duty in Poonch
Jammu: Ten teachers have been suspended for
dereliction of duty after four government schools, they were
working in, were found closed during the day, officials said
here on Saturday.
Acting on complaints that several schools remained closed
during working hours in Mandi Tehsil, Zonal Education Officer
(ZEO) Mandi Sham Kumari made surprise visits to four schools
in the area yesterday and found them closed, they said.
The officer later met the villagers and took a report on
the working of the teachers and their average presence in
schools, they said, adding the village elders gave adverse
remarks against them.
After the ZEO submitted the report, the Chief Education
Officer Mohammad Ashraf Chauhan, suspended all the ten
teachers and directed them to appear before him on the next
working day, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Highlights - India vs England 2nd ODI in Cuttack
- DNA: Manish Sisodia faces CBI probe over alleged irregularities in 'Talk To AK' programme
- Donald Trump to be sworn in as 45th US President today
- Barack Obama thanks Americans for making him a 'better man'
- Exclusive: Srinagar freezes at minus 3; common man struggles for basic commodities
- WATCH: MS Dhoni asks Jasprit Bumrah to go easy after he hurriedly ran out England skipper Eoin Morgan
- IND vs ENG, 2nd ODI: Yuvraj Singh silences critics with 14th ODI hundred, fourth against England — WATCH
- WATCH: How MS Dhoni saved Yuvraj Singh's wicket with another successful DRS review
- Accused of Muslim-bias on visa applications, Sushma Swaraj hits back
- India vs England: After Virender Sehwag, Sachin Tendulkar gives Piers Morgan cricketing gyan