10 killed, 42 injured as bus falls into stream in J&K
Srinagar: At least 10 people were killed and
42 others injured when a bus fell into a stream in south
Kashmir`s Anantnag district on Saturday.
The bus, en route to a tourist resort in Pahalgam from
Bijbehara, skidded off the road and fell into Lidder stream at
Langanbal, 80 km from here, officials said.
Four people died on the spot, while 48 others sustained
The injured were rushed to Anantnag district hospital
where five succumbed to their injuries, the officials said.
Another passenger died during treatment at a different
Among the dead are two children -- aged 10 and 12 years,
a woman and a policeman, the officials said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Yakub Memon hanged in Nagpur jail: As it happened
- Yakub Memon's body handed over to family, tight security in Mumbai
- Yakub Memon: The two men who lead police to 'House of Memons'
- What Yakub Memon did in minutes before being hanged
- Meeting called by Speaker fails to end Parliament logjam; government indicates all-party meet