10 killed as minibus falls in gorge near Jammu
Jammu: At least 10 people were killed and six others injured Tuesday when a minibus rolled down a mountainous road while negotiating a turn in Reasi district of Jammu and Kashmir, police said.
The minibus carrying 16 people was on its way from Mahore to Jammu. The vehicle rolled down a 500 feet deep gorge at Malai Nallah, about 150 km from here.
Police said 10 people, including the driver of the bus, were killed in the accident and six others injured.
The injured have been shifted to the Reasi government hospital. Four of them are in critical condition, hospital sources said.
"It appears that the driver of the minibus lost control over the steering while negotiating a...curve," a police official said.
Eight people were killed in an accident in mountainous Doda district Sunday. The mountainous roads of Jammu and Kashmir are notorious for frequent accidents.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Bihar polls: Lalu's younger son claims to be older than elder brother
- Rahul Gandhi received pay while on 56 day leave: Organizer
- Mega sale: Snapdeal, Flipkart, others gear up for festive season
- Zee Media Exclusive: Three Romanians arrested in skimming scam in Mumbai
- Dadri lynching: Azam Khan seeks UN intervention
- Salman Khan, Aamir Khan's friendship turns sour? Here's the truth
- India vs South Africa: How cricket fraternity reacted to crowd's disgraceful behaviour at Cuttack
- Dadri lynching: Any threat to secular fabric of country will not be tolerated, says Rajnath Singh
- 'Rahul Gandhi gets pay without work'
- Dadri Police recommends FIR against Mahesh Sharma, Sangeet Som, Naseemuddin Siddiqui