10 medical students arrested for "disturbing peace" in J&K
Jammu: Ten medical students were among the 19 people arrested by J&K police for allegedly indulging in unlawful activities and disturbing peace in Jammu and Doda
districts, police said here on Thursday.
Acting on a tip-off, police raided several places across the city and arrested 13 students for raising anti-India slogans outside Jammu University campus during a separatist
protests on Tuesday.
Students of Acharya Shri Chander College of Medical Sciences (ASCOMS) Sidhra, were arrested during the raids.
Counter protests were held by various student bodies and other organisations in the University. Many classes were boycotted yesterday in protest.
In another such case, six persons, including three surrendered militants, were arrested for staging demonstration in support of separatists in Doda district, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- PM Modi visits Lord Jagannath temple at Puri
- Boyfriend murders DU student Arzu Singh; hides body in his house for three days
- International Fleet Review: India shows off naval prowess in "Operation Demo"
- Declared unfit for employment, man invents cost-effective electric car called Pixie!
- Can comments on social media against politicians land you in jail?
- PM Narendra Modi never disappoints his supporters, here's another example - see pic
- Year of the Monkey: Know how lucky you are according to Chinese calendar!
- India vs Sri Lanka 2016, 1st T20I: Squads, date, time, TV listing, live streaming
- WATCH: When PM Modi took his supporters by surprise, came to meet them standing on car's side foot step
- After prayers at Jagannath Temple, PM Narendra Modi inaugurates IOCL project at Paradip refinery