10 medical students arrested for "disturbing peace" in J&K
Jammu: Ten medical students were among the 19 people arrested by J&K police for allegedly indulging in unlawful activities and disturbing peace in Jammu and Doda
districts, police said here on Thursday.
Acting on a tip-off, police raided several places across the city and arrested 13 students for raising anti-India slogans outside Jammu University campus during a separatist
protests on Tuesday.
Students of Acharya Shri Chander College of Medical Sciences (ASCOMS) Sidhra, were arrested during the raids.
Counter protests were held by various student bodies and other organisations in the University. Many classes were boycotted yesterday in protest.
In another such case, six persons, including three surrendered militants, were arrested for staging demonstration in support of separatists in Doda district, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Admissions 2015: Know India's best ranking Universities
- Zee Media Exclusive interview with UPSC topper Ira Singhal's family
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results
- Watch: Top 25 Headlines @ 12 pm
- Dr Subhash Chandra Show: Is Corporate Social Responsibility nothing but a marketing gimmick?
- UPSC announces Civil Services Examination 2014 results; women bag top four positions
- 3rd Test, Day 2: Sri Lanka rattle Pakistan in decider
- Dawood Ibrahim's surrender offer rejected due to a 'condition', clarifies Sharad Pawar
- Vyapam scam: MP medical college dean found dead in hotel, body sent for post-mortem
- Vyapam scam: Last rites of journalist Akshay Singh performed; MP CM assures of SIT probe