10 medical students arrested for "disturbing peace" in J&K
Jammu: Ten medical students were among the 19 people arrested by J&K police for allegedly indulging in unlawful activities and disturbing peace in Jammu and Doda
districts, police said here on Thursday.
Acting on a tip-off, police raided several places across the city and arrested 13 students for raising anti-India slogans outside Jammu University campus during a separatist
protests on Tuesday.
Students of Acharya Shri Chander College of Medical Sciences (ASCOMS) Sidhra, were arrested during the raids.
Counter protests were held by various student bodies and other organisations in the University. Many classes were boycotted yesterday in protest.
In another such case, six persons, including three surrendered militants, were arrested for staging demonstration in support of separatists in Doda district, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Mild earthquake jolts Rajasthan, no damage reported
- Leander Paes, Sania Mirza advance at US Open
- Yakub Memon, Afzal Guru's executions were politically motivated: Justice AP Shah
- My mother is like Indrani Mukerjea, she likes having sex with many men: Delhi school boy
- Sheena Bora case: This is how Indrani Mukerjea got idea to plot a 'perfect murder'