10 medical students arrested for "disturbing peace" in J&K
Jammu: Ten medical students were among the 19 people arrested by J&K police for allegedly indulging in unlawful activities and disturbing peace in Jammu and Doda
districts, police said here on Thursday.
Acting on a tip-off, police raided several places across the city and arrested 13 students for raising anti-India slogans outside Jammu University campus during a separatist
protests on Tuesday.
Students of Acharya Shri Chander College of Medical Sciences (ASCOMS) Sidhra, were arrested during the raids.
Counter protests were held by various student bodies and other organisations in the University. Many classes were boycotted yesterday in protest.
In another such case, six persons, including three surrendered militants, were arrested for staging demonstration in support of separatists in Doda district, they added.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Indian Army surgical strike: Pak rejects claim, says 2 soldiers killed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof
- India's surgical strikes: Pakistan buries slain terrorists to hide evidence, asks Masood Azhar to go mum
- Who is Chandu Babulal Chauhan and why India wants to bring him back from Pakistan - Read