103 J&K govt employees suspended for absenteeism
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has placed under suspension 103 employees who were allegedly found absent from duty without prior permission.
Eighty-six employees were suspened in Shopian district in Kashmir Valley and 17 in Rajouri in Jammu division, an official spokesman said.
"A team of officers constituted to check punctuality and and attendance in government institutions in Shopian found 86 employees absent.
Disciplinary action was initiated and they were placed under suspension," he said.
The Deputy Commissioner (Shopian) also recommended action against the Medical Superintendent of the district hospital for "remaining absent from duty and leaving the station without permission", the spokesman said.
The pay of the concerned Medical Superintendent had also been stopped, he said.
In a surprise visit to the Municipal Committee office in Rajouri yesterday, the Additional Deputy Commissioner found 17 officials missing who were suspended, an official said.
Download the all new Zee News app for Android and iOS to stay up to date with latest headlines and news stories in Politics, Entertainment, Sports, Technology, Business and much more from India and around the world.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Delhi police arrests BSF personnel, ISI operative for espionage
- Maharashtra: Shani Shignapur temple purifies after woman offers oil
- Panel discussion on P Chidambaram's remarks over ban on 'The Satanic Verses'
- What is the motive behind 'unconditional talks' offer by Pakistan?
- Special report: Kashmiri Pandits recall their plight
- Video: India won't tolerate disrespect to national anthem – this Mumbai family learnt it the hard way
- Watch: Boy dies after falling from a Mumbai local train – video maker is guilty too!
- Had Sardar Patel become PM, India would have been another Pakistan, says Kancha Ilaiah
- Shocking! World Cup winning cricketer forced to sell 'kachoris' to make a living
- Pakistan's ISI spy ring busted in India, BSF jawan among 2 held in Jammu, 3 agents apprehended in Kolkata