103 J&K govt employees suspended for absenteeism
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has placed under suspension 103 employees who were allegedly found absent from duty without prior permission.
Eighty-six employees were suspened in Shopian district in Kashmir Valley and 17 in Rajouri in Jammu division, an official spokesman said.
"A team of officers constituted to check punctuality and and attendance in government institutions in Shopian found 86 employees absent.
Disciplinary action was initiated and they were placed under suspension," he said.
The Deputy Commissioner (Shopian) also recommended action against the Medical Superintendent of the district hospital for "remaining absent from duty and leaving the station without permission", the spokesman said.
The pay of the concerned Medical Superintendent had also been stopped, he said.
In a surprise visit to the Municipal Committee office in Rajouri yesterday, the Additional Deputy Commissioner found 17 officials missing who were suspended, an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row
- JNU students call terrorist Afzal Guru a martyr amid anti-nationalist slogans
- DNA: JNU students clash over Afzal Guru row
- Panel discussion on clashes at JNU over Afzal Guru row- Part II
- PM Modi breaks protocol to receive Abu Dhabi Crown Prince Al Nahyan
- Drunk girl creates ruckus in Delhi's Connaught Place; arrested - Watch
- JNU erupts over 'Shaheed Afzal Guru', 'Azad Kashmir'; rival student groups clash, police deployed
- AAP poster showing Arvind Kejriwal with Bhindranwale sparks row in Punjab
- Video of Hanumanthappa's rescue that went viral on social media is fake - Watch
- Digangana Suryavanshi chops off her mane on Salman Khan's advice—See pics!