103 J&K govt employees suspended for absenteeism
Srinagar: The Jammu and Kashmir government has placed under suspension 103 employees who were allegedly found absent from duty without prior permission.
Eighty-six employees were suspened in Shopian district in Kashmir Valley and 17 in Rajouri in Jammu division, an official spokesman said.
"A team of officers constituted to check punctuality and and attendance in government institutions in Shopian found 86 employees absent.
Disciplinary action was initiated and they were placed under suspension," he said.
The Deputy Commissioner (Shopian) also recommended action against the Medical Superintendent of the district hospital for "remaining absent from duty and leaving the station without permission", the spokesman said.
The pay of the concerned Medical Superintendent had also been stopped, he said.
In a surprise visit to the Municipal Committee office in Rajouri yesterday, the Additional Deputy Commissioner found 17 officials missing who were suspended, an official said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Aware of Chinese submarine deployment at Balochistan's Gwadar port, says Navy chief
- Like SAARC, should India boycott Pak in Heart of Asia conference?
- 'Heart of Asia' Conference begins in Amritsar; Sartaj Aziz to pay a visit on Sunday
- Panel discussion over Mamata Banerjee's false allegations on Indian Army for political gains
- Watch: Reports on final deal of M-777 tanks between India and America
- Gujarat businessman declares highest ever black money amount – Rs 13,000 crore!
- Army proves Mamata Banerjee wrong, releases letter showing West Bengal govt knew of exercise
- Rs 14,000 crore default case: Gujarat businessman detained, says money belongs to politicians, babus
- Newly-wed couple Yuvraj Singh and Hazel Keech perform `bhangra` at Goa airport – Viral video
- Gujarat man who disclosed Rs 14,000 crore unaccounted wealth goes missing