10th batch of 2,160 devotees leave for Amarnath from Jammu
Jammu; The 10th batch of 2,160 pilgrims on Sunday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from Jammu base camp amid tight security.
The batch, including 1,533 men, 443 women, 39 children and 145 sadhus, left in a convoy of 61 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu around 4:10 AM today, police said.
The convoy for the yatra has already crossed Udhampur district on Jammu-Srinagar National highway and is expected to reach destinations at Baltal and Pahalgam base camps by this evening, they said.
Including those that left today, as many as 16,752 pilgrims have so far gone onwards from Jammu to the Amarnath shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Nitish suspends Cabinet Minister Kushwaha over alleged sting operation
- Watch: PM Modi delivers speech at Mumbai Metro Phase-II inauguration
- Panel discussion on the controversial sacking of Asim Ahmed Khan from AAP
- Haryana minister Krishan Bedi mocks Modi's 'Swachh Bharat Abhiyan'
- Shiv Sena spills ink on ORF chairperson Sudheendra Kulkarni's face
- ISL 2015: Atletico de Kolkata vs Kerala Blasters - Preview
- India vs South Africa: MS Dhoni disappointed about 'gamble' not paying off
- Aarushi Talwar's grandfather breaks silence, writes open letter – Read
- OROP implementation after Bihar poll, says Manohar Parrikar
- 2015 Bihar Assembly Elections: 57% voting in first phase, women voters outnumber men