10th batch of devotees leave for Amarnath from Jammu
Jammu: The 10th batch of 2,479 pilgrims on Monday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from Jammu base camp amid tight security.
The batch, including 1,617 men, 684 women, 31 children and 147 sadhus, left in a convoy of 78 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu around 4:10 AM today, police said.
The convoy for the yatra has already crossed Patnitop on Jammu-Srinagar National highway and is expected to reach destinations at Baltal and Pahalgam base camps by this evening, they said.
Including those that left today, as many as 19,231 pilgrims have so far gone onwards from Jammu to the Amarnath shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- I am still single, says Hrithik Roshan
- Bharat bandh: Nation braces for country-wide strike on Wednesday
- Exclusive: I am father of Sheena, Mikhail, but never married Indrani Mukerjea, says Siddharth Das
- Former Pakistani spinner Arshad Khan now a taxi driver in Sydney!
- SC intervenes into Khap panchayat's rape order of two UP sisters, seeks report from Akhilesh govt