10th batch of devotees leave for Amarnath from Jammu
Jammu: The 10th batch of 2,479 pilgrims on Monday left for the Amarnath cave shrine in south Kashmir Himalayas from Jammu base camp amid tight security.
The batch, including 1,617 men, 684 women, 31 children and 147 sadhus, left in a convoy of 78 vehicles from Bhagwati Nagar base camp in Jammu around 4:10 AM today, police said.
The convoy for the yatra has already crossed Patnitop on Jammu-Srinagar National highway and is expected to reach destinations at Baltal and Pahalgam base camps by this evening, they said.
Including those that left today, as many as 19,231 pilgrims have so far gone onwards from Jammu to the Amarnath shrine.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Indian Army conducts surgical strikes across LoC: Watch DGMO Lt Gen Ranbir Singh's PC
- Indian Army targets terror camps across LoC; Pak PM Sharif condemns
- 7 terror camps destroyed by Indian Army in surgical strikes
- DNA: Indian Army carries out surgical strikes across LoC
- Pak forces will teach Zee News what real surgical strike is: Hafiz Saeed
- Hafiz Saeed threatens Zee News, says Pak forces will teach what real surgical strikes are
- What is surgical strike and how it is conducted - MUST KNOW for every Indian
- Pak postpones SAARC Summit after five member states pull out of conference: As it happened
- SALUTE! Brave Indian army commandos give befitting reply to Pak-sponsored terrorists
- Surgical strikes across LoC in Pakistan were filmed, videos kept as proof