11 injured as ceiling of mosque collapses in J&K
Srinagar: At least 11 persons were injured on Friday when the ceiling of a mosque collapsed in Ganderbal district during the Friday prayers, police said.
The mosque at Mohalla Sayed Gund Sarfraw, some 60 kms from here, was jam packed with devotees and the ceiling could not hold upon their weight, they said.
The injured have been admitted to a hospital and their condition is stated to be out of danger, police said.
More from India
More from World
More from Sports
More from Entertaiment
- Is population control next on central govt's agenda after demonetization?
- Gujarat: Goods train engine catches fire in Surat
- Tamil Nadu CM Jayalalithaa's condition extremely grave
- Jayalalithaa's funeral procession: Sea of mourners gather to pay last respects
- Watch: Jayalalithaa's last rites performed by her close friend and aide Sasikala Natarajan
- RIP Amma: Jayalalithaa dies after 75 days in hospital; Tamil Nadu mourns
- Fake or Real? 'Alien animal' caught on Karnataka-Kerala border
- RBI to issue new Rs 100 banknotes, old notes to continue as legal tender
- Airtel’s free 4G internet offer may be a ploy to steal your data
- People want to know whether Jayalalithaa is alive or not; PM Narendra Modi must intervene, says expelled AIADMK MP Sasikala Pushpa